Saturday, April 3, 2010

The shadow of space

I wanted

to discuss

When and why

With you

Coats became jackets

As a sign humans

Became modern

Since it circled

A time closer

To my birth

Than yours

Then I saw

A slow moving

Man

With coal colored

Skin

In worn denim

Overalls

His smirk told

Me about

When and why

Phones rang

Incessantly non-detachable

From walls

……his black skin; your blue eyes,

Blond hair on green grass

He simply quietly sat

Staring at his meal

Waiting

We sat on a prairie

Thinking best

To think

Rather than wait

For all the devices

Of our day

To communicate the ardent delirium

I feel and you

Avoid

And define

As friend



When did it all abruptly change?

What catalyst is to blame?

How come technology did not amend emotions?

Why are you my disease?

Where is my soul relocated?



And if I continue to ask

My remorse grows

With every return you invite

Me to resist but I acquiesce

Not to lose you as acquaintance

But in these decades

Nothing changes except

The height of the years



The artifacts powered by

The modulation of electrons

Particles

Make love a bigger madness

Than the comfort promised

By the Egyptians

And all others who defined

Civilization as the birth of

Hero and despot worship

Given hate is the power

Love creates when

All other monsters

Failed to ignite the songs

Of worship and dependence

No odes are designed for

Fallen; the lie of martyrdom.

My plight for pity through

Adoration…

I want to hold

And

Enter

(So I can have

The

Strength

To

Leave)

You.

All we did

During these times of thought

Analysis

Introspection

Was discuss

The mud on my new boots.

There is a drought

Of

Decorum

Affecting all humanity

But

Power

Still rules.

While waiting

For the death of paper

And

Hoping

Writing does not become obsolete

My pondering

Centers on the zipper

Being

The agent of change



Coats becoming jackets;

Cordless, wireless, digital,

Interconnections

Followed

Yet we, us, them

Make obsession

Human

endless

No comments: